Tuesday

Week 8 EOC: Five Plus Five Soft Skills

One of the soft skills I put on my resume is customer service skillsI think that customer service skills are important because It means I know how to speak to customers to make them feel comfortable and important while shopping. making a customer feel important and comfortable is important in a retail operation that is based on selling because it makes them feel more comfortable in buying. I only showed this skill on my resume by just simply writing customer service skills. I could communicate that by saying I make many sales at my current job just by being able to hold a conversation with an customer and make them feel comfortable enough to let me help them find what they are looking for.

Another soft skill I have on my resume is self motivatedThis is a very important skill.  Being able to be self motivated is extremely important when it comes to a retail operation. There were be times where you don't have anything tasks to do or you've finished all the tasks you were assigned. It doesn't look good if you are constantly asking your manager or whoever is in charge what to do, especially when they are busy doing something themselves.  The only way I've expressed this was by simply writing the words self motivated on my resume. I should've expressed my possession of this skill by showing an example. An example I would have would be when we are doing floor set at my current job. Instead of waiting around to be given a task, I take a section of the floor set none is working on and begin working on it by myself according to the guide. It was that act of self motivation that led me to be promoted to visual of the store.

Another soft skill that I posses but don't have on my resume is handling pressure.  Being able to keep calm in a situation that can be really stressful especially working in a busy retail environment. It can be really stressful when the customer is rude. When the customer wants specific things such as discount and colors that we do not have they can often get upset and possible raise their voice. You need to know how to handle that situation without losing your head. You need to understand how to solve the customers problem and make them less angry is a professional way. Another thing that sometimes be very stressful is when a customer is looking for something specific but doesn't speak english. This can be stressful because you can not understand what they are saying or what they want. I did not put this skill or and example of me possessing this skill on my resume but the example i would use was a time I was able to successfully assist a deaf person in finding the purse that she was looking for.

Another soft skill that I did not put on my resume but I do possess is time management. Time management is important when working in a retail environment because there are certain deadlines we have to meet. Not meeting those deadlines could lead that specific coworker or all the workers in the store getting in trouble depending on what the assignment was. I did not put this skill on my resume but If i had, I would show my possession of the skill by explaining how getting my part of the floor set done in a timely matter was another big reason on why i was promoted to visual.

Another soft skill I did not put in my resume but i do possess is Communication Skills. Being able to communicate well is not just important in the retail environment, it is important in every workplace. Being able to talk fluently and efficiently to not only the customers but to your coworkers and your bosses. I did not put this skill on my resume but and example i would use to show my possession of the skill is how I interact and communicate with every customer that walks into the store. I make sure they are content and if they need any help. i also keep conversation witch makes the customer feel more comfortable with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment